When I was in search of surveillance drones for sale, I knew that I had a lot to learn. It is not easy and there is a lot of information that we have to take in and learn from when we are looking to purchase a drone.
For those of you that are like me and need to learn a lot about what to know prior to buying an large drone, the long range drone, or just a regular drone.
I am going to share with you all you need to know so that you will have all of the knowledge stored in your head when you walk into a store to purchase one.
Best Surveillance Drones For Sale 2017
|Holy Stone HS170 Predator||Mount for GoPro HERO 3 and 4 series camera||HD 720p camera||2 Mp|
|Holy Stone F181||Integrated with Gimbal||HD 720p camera||2 Mp|
|White Parrot Bebop 2||Integrated with Gimbal||Full HD 1080p camera||14 Mp|
|Phantom 3 Advanced||Integrated with Gimbal||Upto 4k||12 Mp|
|DJI Phantom 3 Standard||Integrated with Gimbal||Upto 4k||12 Mp|
|Traxxas Aton Quadcopter||Mount for GoPro HERO 3 and 4 series camera||Full HD 1080p camera||12 Mp|
|Yuneec Q500 Typhoon||Integrated with Gimbal||HD 1080p CG30 camera||12.4 Mp|
|DJI Phantom 4 V2.0||Integrated with Gimbal||Upto 4k||12 Mp|
|Autel Robotics X-star Drone||Integrated with Gimbal||Upto 4k||12 Mp|
Headless security system
Ensures that no matter what skill level we may have that we can fly this drone without any issues.
2.4 GHz technology
This technology is adopted for no interference
Six axis gyro stabilization system
This system makes a drone more flexible and stable for us to use.
Wind resistant control range
This drone has a good performance of wind-resistant control range, about thirty to fifty feet.
The average flying time for this drone is six-eight minutes. It typically takes about sixty to eighty minutes to charge.
Some important tips for using this drone are:
Age range: This drone is intended for people over the age of fourteen as long as they and anyone else that uses follows the instruction guide very carefully.
Ultra responsive motor: This drone has ultra-responsive motors. Thus, you needs to adjust the throttle at a slow pace in order to keep control of the drone.
Heating of the circuit board: They may heat up while they are being used. An at least ten-minute cool down break between flights will ensure that the parts of our surveillance drones last as long as they possibly can.
Usb charger: The USB charger needs to be used with a current input of under 0.5A, or an upgraded battery charger can be used.
Weight: The weight of this quadcopter is under 0.5 lb., so it is not necessary to register it with the FAA.
- Three Different Modes: The three different modes make it easy for the beginning flyers to the most advanced flyers.
- Durability: This quadcopter is perfect for those of us that may crash it a lot. It holds up well after a lot of crashes without even a propeller getting bent out of shape. It can also handle running into couches, windows, walls, and sinks without getting any damage.
- Lights: The lights on the bottom make it easy to identify the front of the drone from the back of it very easily no matter how far away it is.
- Speed: The micro quadcopter is fast and it does not have a camera or extra weight to hold it down.
- Size: It is compact and small and easy to handle.
- Controllers: Some reviewers said that this surveillance drone is very difficult to control. During one flight the drone took off and the controllers did nothing to bring it back, so they shut it down. When they set it off a second time, the drone took off, never came back, and they could not ever find it. Another person said it got carried off in the wind and was never able to locate it.
- Battery Life: The battery only stays charged for a few brief minutes.
- Propeller: The propellers fall off easily.
- Fire: This drone actually caught on fire when one person used it for the first time.
- Size: A lot of people said that the size is smaller than they thought it would be.
- USB Charging Cables
- 3.7V 750mAh LiPo Batteries
- Rotating Blades
- Landing Skids
- User Manual
Key Return and Headless Security System
These features ensure that this drone is good for any level of player and that they will not lose it during their play time.
Altitude Hold Function
The powerful air pressure altitude hold functions permits us to let the throttle stick go and the drone will keep flying at the same height. This means that it will be easier for us to take quality pictures and record excellent videos.
A Key 360 Degrees Four-Ways Flip
This drone can flip four ways (left, right,forward, and backward). It also has a continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful appearance.
Range/Battery Life/Charging Time
For us to have a longer flight time, this drone comes with two batteries. The battery can run about seven to nine minutes without charged. The range is about fifty to one-hundred meters. It also takes about eighty minutes for the battery to charge.
There are tips that need to be followed when using this drone:
- The motors and circuit board will overheat if it used not used properly. To ensure that our drone last as long as possible, a ten minute cool down period is highly recommend between every flight.
- To avoid burning up the USB charger, it should be under current inputs 0.5A.
- Don’t push the throttle up hard directly. Adjust the throttle at a slow pace to avoid damage caused by loss of control.
- The weight of this quadcopter is under 0.5 lbs and it is not necessary for it to be registered with the FAA. A tip about the headless mode is that flight direction proof is needed prior to the quadcopter is ready to perform in headless mode. Set the head of the quadcopter ahead of the player.
- Make sure that the tail is facing the player before the signal is bond between the drone and the transmitter. When the drone’s nose is pointing forward, this position will be thought of as facing forward. When the copter is flying in headless mode, the person playing with it should remain facing forward and should never change the way their body is facing.
- Durability: This drone can withstand being crashed into picnic tables and playground equipment and still flies excellently. It can handle crash and not get scratched at all.
- A Variety of Modes: The four modes include: twenty-five, fifty, seventy-five, and one-hundred percent. Twenty-five percent is designed for beginning flyers and one-hundred percent is for the more experienced flyer.
- Fully Equipped: It comes with all that we will need to use this drone as soon as we get it.
- Headlight: Improves visibility for those of us that like to take part in nighttime flying.
- Controls: The controllers are smooth, responsive, and easy to use.
- Instructions: The instructions are easy to follow.
- Wind-resistance: This drone is so lightweight that it cannot hold up to even the slightest amount of wind.
- Battery Life: The battery life is a bit short, but that is somewhat typical when the LED lights are on and it is recording video.
- Camera: The camera has a very low resolution.
- Short Lifespan: Some people have experienced the drone not working at all after five flights.
- Video Recorder: The video recorder does not work well at all as the video playback is scrambled.
This drone is 15 – 12.9 – 3.5 inches in length and weighs 1.1 pounds. It may be small in size, but it will provide us with a lot of big fun.
Just like surveillance drones for sale on the market, this drone has advantages and disadvantages. Now, we are going to discuss the advantages first.
The main features of the White Parrot Bebop 2 Drone include:
- An enhanced 14 megapixel fish-eye lens that provides 1080p video recording and stunning image capture.
- A longer flight time than most surveillance drones offer of 25 minutes that comes from the powerful 2700 mAh battery.
- The powerful motors allow for flight in greater altitudes.
- The rear flash LED allows for better visibility even in the dark.
- This item does have to be registered with the FAA. Therefore, the people who own it need to visit the FAA’s website to find out to register their drone.
- Easy to use: It is very easy to use, even for those of us that are beginning drone users.
- Weight: It is compact and light enough to be carried anywhere.
- Battery Life: This drone has an extended battery life.
- Controllers: The controllers are very easy to use.
- Range: The range is exaggerated, the signal was lost at 600 feet.
- Phone Connection: It is not easy to connect the drone to a phone.
- GPS: The GPS does not work and it fails repeatedly.
- Camera: The camera never focuses properly and the quality of the images is not good at all.
We can control the camera and see video in real-time while we fly. We can also share the video using the DJI Pilot app advanced features to assist those of us that like to fly indoors.
This drone has an integrated array of optical and ultrasonic sensors call Vision Positioning that makes flying inside very simple without any GPS signal.
It comes with all the features that we would expect from a DJI drone, include:
- GPS navigation with auto takeoff and auto landings
- Smart high power flight battery
- A built-in safety database of no-fly zones
- A powerful mobile app for our iOS or Android device
When we are choosing surveillance drones for sale, we must know the assets and drawbacks that comes with having full knowledge of a product. We are going to talk about the assets first.
- Ease of Flying-:Phantom surveillance drones hover easily and they will take off and hover where we leave it so we can have control over the direction or camera without much of a challenge. DJI also provides those of us that are in need of them a great variety of videos on their YouTube channel that will help us learn to promptly fly this quadcopter in a safe manner.
- Camera Quality: The videos recorded with this camera look great and the photos are of good quality.
- Gimbal: The gimbal holds the camera securely in place.
- Controller: The controller is designed well with its customizable buttons, has a handy “return to home” button, and is easy to grip.
- Battery Life: The battery life of 23 minutes is pretty good for a drone.
- App: It has a great Iphone App. that will give us all the metrics that we need to properly fly this drone/
- Firmware Update: Updating the firmware is not easy for those that are technologically minded and are not user-friendly.
- Cost of Batteries: One battery costs $150 which is pretty costly for the price of a battery.
- Battery Charging Time: The batteries take several hours to charge.
- Return to Home Feature:This feature does not work well at all and many people have lost the money they put into the drone because it never came back.
- Gimbal: The gimbal tends to overheat.
Ease of Flight
The intelligent flight system automatically keeps our Phantom 3 in the air and under our control.
It takes stunning 2.7K HD Videos and 12 Megapixel photos with the integrated aerial camera.
DJI’s advanced gimbal stabilization technology will give us movie quality results no matter where we fly our drone.
A live video feed provides us with a 720p HD real-time view of what our camera sees on our mobile device
Peace of Mind
This drone can fly up to twenty-five minutes without having to be charged again. Besides, the intelligent flight battery will remind us automatically when the battery on our drone is running low.
For those of us that buy this drone, there are a lot of perks to owning one as well as some problems that come with owning this drone as well.
- Case: The case makes it easy to transport all of the individual pieces that come with this drone and they are kept in one handy place.
- Accessories: It comes with a lot of accessories that we would have to have buy individually.
- GPS: The GPS works great and ensures that the drone will stay right where we left it.
- Speed: It is a lot faster than other quadcopters.
- Case: A lot of people never received the case that is supposed to come with it.
- Firmware: The firmware does not update like it should.
- Propellers: The propellers are very unsteady and are not made of a strong material.
- Range-: The range level that this drone can travel is very low.
- Gimbal/Camera: The camera mechanism gets very hot and swings back and forth repeatedly.
This Aton is truly the best of both worlds. When it is in sport mode, it can fly over fifty miles per hour and the camera is very stable when it is in film mode.Besides, it has a fixed mount for our action camera and a powerful mAh 3s Lipo battery for stunt acrobatics.
For the beginning flyer, it has a dual-mode GPS, air brakes, and return to home features. Thus, it is very agile for those people who are expert flyers.
The key features of this drone are:
- A very durable composite frame
- High visibility LED lighting,
- an LED status bar that we will have no trouble reading.
It is also fully customizable with many different color and light combinations. Also, it comes with a fast 3-amp Lipo balance charger.
For those of us that may purchase this drone, it has favorable things about and some flaws as well. We will first discuss what is favorable about this drone.
- Durability: This drone can withstand crashes even some big crashes.
- Modes: There are a variety of modes for us to choose from and we can adjust them to our taste or skill.
- Ease of Use: It is easy for any type of user to use no matter whether they are a beginner or expert
- Sound: It is a lot quieter than other surveillance drones.
- GPS: The GPS works very well.
- Controller: The controller has no control over the drone.
- Crashes: This drone crashes and it gets damaged beyond repair.
- Return to Home Feature: This feature does not work at all and some surveillance drones have been lost due to this feature not working properly.
If we want to spend between $700 and $1,200 for a drone, then Yuneec Q500 Typhoon Quadcopter with Aluminum Case may be just one of us are looking for.
This drone comes with all that we need to fly it right away.Also, the things that come with it include:
- Handheld gimbal
- Two batteries
- Two sets of propellers
- An aluminum case
The 16 megapixel full HD 1080p 60fps camera has a redesigned lens to produce lower image distortion.
The follow me feature sets the drone to automatically follow the pilot, adjusting its location to the transmitter.
The real-time feed from our Q500+’s camera is displayed on the 5.5 touchscreen of the ST10+ Personal Ground Station (transmitter) that will give us the best view of what the camera sees to frame our shots.
It has a longer-than-usual flight time of twenty-five minutes that comes from the intelligent 5,200-mAh battery and it comes with two of them.
If we buy this drone, we will gain a lot but there are also some negative aspects to it as well. First of all, we will discuss what we have to gain from acquiring this drone.
- Gimbal: It is fantastic and provides a lot of stability for recording videos.
- Modes: This drone has different speeds that we can use based on our level of experience and they include the turtle and rabbit mode.
- Sturdy: This drone can fly in a lot of conditions including a windy day.
- Instructional Guide and Videos: They are very easy to read and understand.
- Extra Battery: Having an extra is a definite bonus.
- Battery: The battery does not charge properly.
- SD Card: Some people got an 8GB card instead of the 32GB card in the product description.
- Video Feed: The distance of the video feed falls short and cuts out at 500 feet.
- Parachute System: There is no parachute system to protect the drone.
The 2.7K/1080P FHD video recorder has a fully stabilized three axis gimbal unit.
GPS and GLONASS DUAL System
This system comes with visual positioning and ultrasonic sensors that are stable enough for flying inside and outside.
Lightbridge Technology Based Streaming
This features allows us to view 720p HD video live. At the same time, a full resolution video on the onboard micro SD card.
Propeller Guard Colors
We can select up to two colors for the propeller guards by contacting the manufacturer.
This drone has things that make it worth buying as well as some setback. We are going to talk about what makes it worth buying first.
- Videos: It creates beautiful videos.
- Return-To-Home: This drone comes back powerfully and quick.
- Durable: This drone can withstand crashes and keep on going.
- Remote Control: The remote control does not charge.
- Gimbal: The drone had problems with the gimbal and was not able to record any videos.
- LED Lights: The drone did not come with any of the LED lights.
- HD video camera
- Extra battery and rotors
- Twelve megapixel HD camera
- Video camera that can record up to 130 feet away
- Real-time camera feed
- Twenty-five minute flight time
- Two batteries
The Autel Robotics X-star premium drone has these key features:
The 4k Ultra HD video camera has a quick-release 3-axis gimbal stabilizer
HD Live View
The HD live view allows us to view 1.2 miles away and has autonomous flight modes when we activate the free Starlink app (mobile device sold separately).
The dual GPS/GLONASS outdoor navigation, SecureFly ™ Magnetic interference protection, and the Starpoint Positioning System.
The remote control is intuitive and it has a LCD display and one-play action buttons.
The accessories that come with it are a premium hard case, 64-GB Micro SD Card
Drone also has intelligent battery with a fast charging time of one hour, and extra propellers and small parts.
- The Controller– It is very functional, has a great feel, and the buttons (take off/land, go home, and pause make this drone easy to use).
- Automated Takeoff and Landing– These features make this drone easy to use.
- Flight Time – The flight time of 25 minutes is very good.
- Case– The case is stylish and has a lot of storage space.
- GPS– It has a dual GPS system.
- Takeoffs– The takeoffs are a bit unsteady and unstable.
- Wind– A light breeze can make this drone topple over.
- Antennas– The antennas are of poor quality and the tiniest magnetic fields affects them in a bad way.
- Battery– The battery does not charge well at all
The Best of The Best
Of all of these surveillance drones, the one that has the best camera is the Phantom 3 Advanced. It records great videos and takes high-quality pictures. The pictures that it takes are of professional quality. We cannot tell that they were taken while a drone was in flight in mid-air. The memories that are captured with this drone will remain dear to us forever.
The most reasonably priced of these 10 surveillance drones is the Holy Stone Predator quadcopter. At under $100, it is very cost-effective for those of us that cannot spend a lot on a drone but still want to own a drone. Lastly, the most portable drone is the Aton Quadcopter with a hard shell. It has a lot of accessories that come with and it is the easiest drone to take wherever you need to travel to. I truly hope all of this information has helped those of us that need and/or want Surveillance drones for sale.
Surveillance Drone Buyer’s Guide
The first thing that we need to when we are picking out a drone for ourselves or as a gift for someone else is to select one in the skill level that you need or the skill level of the person that the drone is being purchased for.
Drones can be very easy or very hard to use. This depends on what features the drone has and their design. There are drones that are designed for kids or for those of us that are a kid at heart and then there are those surveillance drones that are made for experts due to the fact that they have a lot of drone technology.
The type of surveillance drones for sale that a person will pick out depends on how well the controller is.
These surveillance drones that are designed for beginners are typically mid-range in cost. For those of us that are experts in flying surveillance drones such as a remote control drone, a drone with that has more advanced skills will give you the opportunity to show off and exhibit your skills. After the proper skill level has been determined, then we can move to selecting a drone that does what we want it to do.
A lot of things can be done with a drone.So that, there are some that are made to be used inside and some are designed to be used to outside.
The best quadcopter for gopro or any other type of drone that we may consider purchasing can do flips and trick. Other surveillance drones are made for us to just take pictures and record videos.
Even the kind of pictures that can be taken and video that is recorded varies from drone to drone according to a lot of quadcopter reviews. For this reason, we need to decide how we want to use the drone that we purchase and then narrow down our choices to the surveillance drones that can do things well.
As an example, some of us may only want a drone that we can fly around our houses. For those of us that is true for, a small and agile UAV drone (or whatever drone is desired) instead of one of the bigger drone with a state-of-the-art camera.
By choosing a drone that has the features that are exactly what you want, you can save money by not getting the features that you believe are not necessary. There is a process to getting a drone with just the features that we need.
No matter what features are selected, the important thing for us to do is to pick out a drone that will serve whatever needs are necessary and does not have extra features that are not needed by the person that will use it.
Doing so will save all of us that will be purchasing a drone to give us the most pleasant experience with our drone that is possible. The next step is to choose what kind of quality drone is needed as well as how much can be spent on it.
No matter what we are buying in this world, we always have to consider cost of the item. When you are purchasing a commercial drone or one to use for recreation, determining what price can be daunting because there are so many price ranges to pick from.
Although, a person’s budget will more than likely limit the choices that one can choose from. Also, finding a drone that fits our skill level and do what we need them to do should also narrow down our price range. After the price range has been determined, then the balance between cost and quality can be determined.
Once we have determined how much the drone that we want costs, then we can work towards determining what the final cost will be by balancing cost and quality.
One drone could be less expensive than others that meet our standards. Nevertheless, we may find the quality of the material that the drone is made out of is of a lot less quality than the surveillance drones that cost a lot more.
On the other hand, it is possible that we may find out that a top-end drone does not perform much better than those are a mid-level cost drone. The best way to select a drone is to read reviews and specs.
User’s Reviews and Specs
The best way to find the drone that is best for us is to read reviews and specs. Consumer product reviews will tell us what kind of quality the drone is and what experiences others have had with the drone that they are reviewing.
They also should give us a good idea of how well each drone balances cost and quality. If we choose a drone that is reviewed in a positive manner, then we will more than likely purchase a drone that is worth the funds that we put into it.
Any surveillance drones must have a camera, that brings a lot to the experience of owning a drone.
I use the camera that comes with mine to capture all the special moments in my life. Thus, I can use the footage to make some wonderful slideshows or videos. If we want to save space and weight, then getting a drone with a low-resolution camera is the way to go.
For those of us that want to save space and weight, purchasing a low-resolution camera is the way to go. Aerial photography is one thing that people like us that love surveillance drones use the camera in a drone for.
Having a drone with a camera makes the drone even more attractive to those who want to buy one. The more money a person puts into a drone, the better quality of a picture that they get. There are things that people like us need to think about when we are buying a drone that has a camera built-in.
The flight time of a drone when a flycam used is how long they can fly without having to have their battery recharged. The factors that contribute to flight time are how much the drone weighs. Also, the size of the battery, and what stunts are performed by the drone.
For those of us that just want to play with the drone inside, this does not really matter. When we choose to go on adventure outside of the house to a cool site to get some awesome aerial shots, this is a different story.
This typically makes the flight time of our drone about ten-twenty minutes. Stunts and varying altitudes also lower the amount of flight time as well. Thirty minutes are the typical flight time of a drone.
The standard flight time of a drone is thirty minutes whether it be a phantom drone or flying drones. That is a long flight time in the world of drones and surveillance drones that have that long of a flight time are typically more expensive.
The less expensive ones usually have a flight time of ten minutes or less. Those of us that desire to have a higher quality drone with a longer flight time will also have to pay a higher amount for it. A DJI Phantom Drone or DJI Phantom Quadcopter has one of the best flight times in the market which makes these surveillance drones a very effective drone.
Speed is another characteristic of a drone that we should look at. The Gimbal is another great feature that I looked at myself when I was looking for a drone.
The speed of an aerial vehicles is very important when determining which drone should become ours. The average speed range of a drone is from ten to fifteen miles per hour.
However, if we purchase a racing mini quadcopter or a regular sized one, they can move at over seventy-five miles per hour. It is important for us to keep in mind that speed is not all that is important in flags-and-gates racing events-how well the drone maneuvers is.
Control range is another important thing that we need to consider when deciding what cheap surveillance drones for sale or a regular priced one to purchase.
One of the most crucial factors when purchasing a drone is the range of control. In simple terms, range of control is how far that all of us will able to control the drone with a controller.
If a drone does go out of this range, it will more than likely crash.
A gimbal hold up the camera. Thus, it is a very important component that consists of a pivoted ring or rings capable of swinging freely while mounted to a fixed frame.
To ensure that we will have a camera that has smooth and stable footage, our gimbal must have three-axis stabilization.
If a gimbal does not have three-axis stabilization, a drone’s camera will have shaky and chaotic footage since the drone is in movement.
The majority of the quadcopters with this kind of gimbal at the minimum cost a few hundred dollars at the minimum. If you buy a toy drone, it will have more unstable footage. The last, but often most important feature of a drone is the price.
The price range of a drone like a military drone or parrot drone typically varies a lot. So, if we do not need to think about the price, then we should get a drone that has all of the best features.
There are surveillance drones for sale in whatever budget range that we may have. A basic drone prices starts at fifty dollars and one with all the “bells and whistles” can cost up to ten-thousand dollars.
Make sure that you can get a deal that is worth getting and own the most suitable drone within your budget.